The ROTRONIC Intrinsically Safe HygroFlex5-EX series of humidity and temperature sensors was developed for easy installation in areas where there is a risk of explosion due to dust or gas in the environment. They were designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, grain & sugar, petrochemical, and oil & gas industries, and will be suitable for applications elsewhere.
Conforming to the latest international standards, the HygroFlex5-EX transmitter is galvanically isolated, there is no need for an intrinsically safe power supply, ‘clean’ earth or Zener barrier thereby saving costs and installation time. Probes are available for all applications. The Intrinsically Safe transmitters have two channel 4…20 mA outputs selected from temperature, humidity or a moisture value such as dew point or ‘absolute humidity’ (g/kg) scaled exactly as required using Rotronic HW4 software for the process being monitored or controlled.
- Stainless steel probes certified for ATEX Zone 0/20
- Standard & cable mount probes with a screw-in probe for pressure applications
- HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter certified for Zone 1/21
- An Intrinsically Safe power supply is NOT required; the transmitter is galvanically isolated
- Wall and duct versions available. An LC display is an option
- 2-wire supply, 2-analogue outputs (option of dew point, absolute humidity (g/kg)
- Robust aluminium transmitter housing; high IP66 protection
- Range of calibration accessories for the Safe Area
A Technical datasheet is available, visit www.rotronic.co.uk
Please call Rotronic on 01293 571000 to discuss your application, contact us at any time via the website contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org