They were designed to meet the demanding requirements of the oil & gas industry as well as the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and food industries, and will be suitable for hazardous applications elsewhere. Conforming to the latest international standards, the Rotronic HygroFlex5-EX transmitter is galvanically isolated; there is no need for an intrinsically safe power supply, ‘clean’ earth or Zener barrier thereby saving costs and installation time.
ATEX certified probes are available for all applications. The intrinsically safe transmitters have two channel 4…20 mA outputs selected from temperature, humidity or a moisture value such as dew point or ‘absolute humidity’ (for example Mixing Ratio g/kg). These can be freely scaled exactly as required, using Rotronic HW4 software, for the process being monitored or controlled.
• Stainless steel probes certified for ATEX Zone 0/20
• Standard & cable mount probes with a screw-in probe for pressure applications
• HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter certified for Zone 1/21
• An intrinsically safe power supply is NOT required; the transmitter is galvanically isolated
• Wall and duct versions available. An LC display is an option
• 2-wire supply, 2-analogue outputs (option of dew point, absolute humidity (g/kg) or another moisture value)
• Robust aluminium transmitter housing; high IP66 protection
• Range of calibration accessories for use in the Safe Area
A Technical datasheet is available, visit www.rotronic.co.uk