Harsh-Duty contact block solutions for Hazardous locations from Rockwell automation.
Emergency Stop Applications:
The magnetically operated design of reed switches prevents their use with emergency stop devices. In contrast, the 800TC-XAF explosion-protected contact block features a positive-opening normally closed contact as required for conformance with global emergency stop standards. Additionally, the design allows contact block stacking which increases application flexibility and accommodates safety circuits for illuminated E-stop devices.
High Vibration Applications:
Reed switches are hermetically sealed in a glass envelope, which can be fragile and susceptible to damage from stress related to high vibration. The body of the 800TC-XAF explosion-protected contact block is moulded from an extremely durable thermoplastic resin, resulting in a contact block assembly that will maintain Class I Div. 2 integrity in the harshest applications.
In addition to the explosive nature of flammable gases, liquids or vapours potentially present in Class I Div. 2 applications, these materials can also be highly corrosive.
Features and benefits:
- A reliable UL 1203 certified solution for Class I Div. 2 environments (Groups A, B, C and D)
- Rugged construction ideal for use in applications involving shock and vibration
- 1-NO, 1-NC, A600-rated contacts
- Positive opening NC contact for global E-stop functionality
For use with a wide range of push buttons:
- 800T 30 mm Type 4, 13
- 800H 30 mm Type 4, 4X, 13
- 800H/HL Type 7 and 9
- 800R stations
- Compatible with a broad variety of device types:
- Momentary contact push buttons
- Trigger action E-stops
- Push-pull devices
- Selector switches
- Push-to-test pilot lights